While headliners Dierks Bentley and Lady Antebellum are still a few days off, the Gusto Grandstand lights up with a former Disney pop star in Bridgit Mendler -- not a Mickey Mouse Club member, though -- who's absolutely worth seeing in her own right.
As is now customary, let's highlight a few of today's major events before passing along the daily schedule.
1) The FOOD, all day: Not to get all pluggy for other Buffalo News content, but we've practically gone head first into the deep fryer when it comes to Fair food coverage the last few days.
- Andrew Galarneau's News cover story on his discovery of deep-fried avocado
- Andra Cernavskis, a Fair first-timer, relays her experience and shows no fear in handling a doughnut burger
2) Bridgit Mendler, 7:30 p.m. at Gusto Grandstand: This is probably not the place to discuss my personal crush on Mendler, but Tim O'Shei has already passed along a short synopsis of her career and relayed the rest of tonight's concert information.
3) Canines on the Catwalk, 6:15 p.m. at Tops Avenue of Flags Stage: I don't know if you've ever witnessed dogs trotting down a runway, but it's quite the experience. Often the object is a little lost on our furry friends -- there are so many distractions! -- so a little swerving and sniffing are accompanied by puzzled (read: adorable) looks. Perhaps these SPCA canines will prove me wrong and march forward in a straight line, noses held proudly in the air. You'll have to find out for yourself.