• Niagara Musky Association, The Eldredge Club, 17 Broad St., City of Tonawanda, 7 p.m., Tuesday. Call 225-3816.
• New York Association, American Legion Post No. 1041, 533 Amherst St. 7:30 p.m., Tuesday. Tom Owczarzak will show a video of son John Owczarzak’s fishing and hunting adventures in Alaska. Call 875-8148.
• WNY Chapter of Safari Club Int., Michael’s Banquet Facility, 4885 Southwestern Blvd., Hamburg, 7 p.m., Wednesday. Jason Engle Shamel Milling Company personnel will discuss fall food plots. Call 565-1980.
• Niagara Frontier Summer 3-D League, LaSalle Sportsmen’s Club, 2445 Tuscarora Road, Niagara Falls, registrations 2:30-6:30 p.m., Tuesday. Call Mike Martin at 583-2561.
• Fourth Annual Tri-County Kingdom Archers 3-D Archery League, Pioneer Christian Fellowship, 303 Route 39 West, Arcade, shooting Wednesdays to Sept. 24. Call 474-5703 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Evans Rod & Gun Club 3-D Archery Shoot, Cain Road,shooting Wednesdays to Oct. 8. Call 512-4948 or 549-0333.
• West Falls Conservation Society 15-Target 3-D Archery Shoot, 55 Bridge St., evenings from 4 p.m.-dusk, shooting Thursdays to Sept. 25. For details, call 655-5030.
• Pennsylvania Bowhunters Festival, Sullivan County Fairgrounds, Forksville, Pa., Sept. 19-21. Pre-registration ends Friday. For details, visit pabowhunters.com.
• Allied Sportsmen Club of WNY Fall Trap League, 12846 Clinton St., Marilla, begins today at 10 a.m., shooting Tuesdays and Sundays to Oct. 21.
All shooters welcome; range is wheelchair accessible. For details, visit alliedsportysmen.com.
• WNY Outdoor Pistol League, Pinecrest Club at Tonawanda Sportsmen Club, 9 a.m.-noon, Aug. 10, walk-on shooters always welcome. For details, call Bob Guyder at 695-1725.
• WNY Practical Pistol League July Match Results: Overall, John Marcaida; Open, Marcaida; Single Stack, Casey Parsons; Production, Dennis Beck; Limited 10, Brent Holmes; and Revolver, Mike Nadig. For information, visit wnyppl.net.
• Boston Valley Conservation Society 10-week Phall Trap League; 9624 Zimmerman Road, Boston, begins, Aug. 10, shooting Sundays, 9 a.m.-noon and Thursdays, 6-8 p.m. Teams, individuals & practice shooters welcome. For info call 649-4651.
To view the Department of Environmental Conservation registration format for certification classes, go to dec.ny.gov/outdoor/7860.
• 3-F Club, 904 Swann Road, Lewiston, 6-10 p.m., Monday and Tuesday. Call Dale Shank at 791-3809 or Doug Walck at 282-0625.
• Roy Alfords Little Ridge Archery, 8862 Ridge Road, Gasport, 6-10 p.m., Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Call 772-7598 (1-8 p.m.)
• Getzville Fire Co., 630 Dodge Road, Amherst, 6-10 p.m., Aug. 12 and 14. Register at: email@example.com
• Millgrove Sportsmen, 12 County Line Road, Alden, 7-10 p.m., Tuesday and 8 a.m.-4 p.m., Saturday. Register and see instructions on line.
• LaSalle Sportsmen’s Club, 2445 Tuscarora Road, Niagara Falls, 6 p..m., Wednesday and Thursday and Aug. 13 and 14. Register at first class.
• Hess Road Wesleyan Church, 2514 Hess Road, Appleton, 5:30-9:30 p.m., Aug. 11, 12 and 13. Call Larry Koch at 778-9935 or Rich Evans at 433-4189 (both contacts, 5-9 p.m.)
• Evans Rod & Gun Club, 864 Cain Road, 8-11 a.m., Aug. 16 and 8 a.m.-4 p.m., Sept. 6, a home-study course. Register on line.
• West Falls Conservation Society, 55 Bridge St., 6-7:30 p.m., Aug. 16 and 9 a.m.-5:30 p.m., Sept. 6, a home-study course. To register, call 655-9131.
• Hamburg Rod & Gun Club, Hickox Road, 6-11 p.m., Aug. 14. Call 646-9206.
• Security Weapons & Training Institute, 659 Ridge Road, Lackawanna: 8-Hour Pre-Assignment Class, Tuesday; 16-Hour On The Job Class begins Wednesday; NYS Pistol Permit Class, 10 a.m., Saturday. Call 822-1043 or go to swatstore.com.
• Firearms Training of WNY Class: NYS Pistol Permit Class, American Legion Cadille Post, Niagara Falls, 6-9 p.m., Wednesday. Call 903-2558 or go to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Jim Carr Class: Utah-Arizona-Florida Multi-State Pistol Permit Class, Niagara Gun Range, North Tonawanda, 9 a.m., Saturday. Call 693-4000 or email: email@example.com
• Maryvale High School, Personal Water Craft Boating Class, 1050 Maryvale Drive, Cheektowaga, 8 a.m.-4 p.m., Aug. 16. Call 635-4666.
• Enchanted Mountains Chapter of National Wild Turkey Federation, Seminar and Calling Contest, Franklinville Conservation Club, Saturday. Quaker Boy Gall Calls expert Bob Wozniak will discuss deer and turkey calling at 12:30 p.m.; contest at 2 p.m. For more details, call Dick Duffy at 353-2781.
• Green Wing/Youth Experience Day, Elma Conservation Club, 600 Creek Road, 9 a.m.-4 p.m., Aug. 23. For details, call George Rockey at 674-3075.
• County Fair Dates: Cattaraugus County, ends today; Niagara County, ends today; Erie County, Wednesday-Aug. 17; and Wyoming County, Saturday-Aug. 16.
• Clays for Heroes third annual fundraising shoot, Rochester Brooks International Skeet & Trap Club, Rush, Aug. 9. For entry and sponsorship details, call Ashley Butcher at 698-5892.
• Buffalo Audubon Society/Beaver Meadow Center, 1610 Welch Road, North Java Events: Bird Banding at Beaver Meadow, 7-11 a.m., Friday; Night Hike at Beaver Meadow, 8 p.m. Friday; Most events require registration. For details, call (585) 457-3228 (ext. 10) or go to buffaloaudubon.org.
• Tifft Nature Preserve, 1200 Fuhrmann Blvd., Turtle Tour at Tifft, 2-4 p.m., Aug. 10. For details, call 825-6397 (ext. 338).
• Reinstein Woods Nature Preserve, 93 Honorine Drive, Depew, Programs: Birding 101 Class No. 6, 6:30 p.m. Wednesday; Insects of the Night, 8:30 p.m., Wednesday; Fairy Houses-Butterfly Abodes, 10 a.m., Saturday; and Educator Workshop: Project Learning Tree (for educators of grades K-8), 9:30 a.m.-4 p.m., Aug. 14. For registration details and all programs, call 683-5959.
• Niagara Frontier Region of New York State Parks Programs: Picture This! Photo Hike of the Park, Devil’s Hole State Park, 10 a.m.-12:30 p.m., Saturday, call 285-0516.
• Buffalo Niagara Riverkeeper Event: If Our Water Could Talk, Canalside, 44 Prime St., 7:30-9 p.m., Wednesday. For details, visit firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Buffalo Orienteering Club Event: Adventure Run or Hike, Sprague Brook Park, 11 a.m. today. For details on this and other activities, visit buffalo-orienteering.org.
• Foothills Trail Club Events: Lakeside Cemetery Saunter, 10 a.m., Tuesday, call 649-7638; Stiglmeier Park, 6:30 p.m., Tuesday, call 873-0913 or 439-0062; Wednesday Night Mini-Hike, Outer Harbor China Light, 6:30 p.m., call 882-3488; Houghton Park/Buffalo River, 4:30 a.m., Thursday, call 826-1939; Chestnut Ridge Park Evening Hike, 6:30 p.m., Thursday, call 548-1401; Friday Evening Riverwalk, 6:30 p.m., call 833-3851; Franklin Gulf County Park, 10 a.m., Saturday, call 646-5034; Clarence, 9 a.m., Aug. 10, call 759-2628; and Tifft Nature Preserve Evening Hike, 6 p.m., Aug. 10, call 208-6319.
• Hamburg Natural History Society Events: Mid-Summer’s Night Adventure-Annual Fossil-Astronomy Program at Penn Dixie Site, 5 p.m. Saturday; and Dinosaurs, Fossils and Nature Summer Day Camp (for boys and girls ages 8-12), 9 a.m.-3 p.m., Aug. 11-15. For registration forms and details, call 627-4560 or go to penndixie.org.
• Paths, Peaks and Paddles events: Full Sturgeon Moon Wine & Cheese Paddle, Wilson-Tuscarora State Park, 7 p.m., Friday; and 12th Annual Carly’s Crossing, Buffalo Outer Harbor, Aug. 10. For time and site details, call 213-0350 or email: email@example.com.
• Letchworth State Park Interpretive Programs: Learn About Letchworth Series (park biologist Meg Janis will discuss deer and biodiversity in the park, 7 p.m., Tuesday; Nature Walk-Trout Pond Trail, 1 p.m. Saturday; and Crepuscular Walk-Full Moon over the Canyon, 6:30 p.m., Aug. 10. For all programs, call (585) 493-3625.
Send items 15 days in advance to Will Elliott, 9777 Bernd Road, Pavilion. N.Y., 14525 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.