Today is the last day for three shows that feature art, artisan work and antiques in and around the Roycroft Campus.
“It just highlights why East Aurora is what it is,” said Lynn Kinsella, marketing representative for the Roycroft Campus. “Artisans and history is really what it’s all about.”
Open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. are:
• The Roycroft Summer Festival, at Parkdale Elementary School on Girard Avenue, which features Roycroft artisans selling jewelry, furniture, textiles and prints.
• The Roycroft Campus Antique Show, 37 S. Grove St., with about 40 antique vendors and artisan demonstrations.
• East Aurora Art Society Outdoor Show of paintings and photography at East Aurora Middle School on Main Street.
• The summer season of Aurora Recreation Department camps and sports – from swimming to chess and science – begins Monday and continues through Aug. 15. Visit aurorarec.com for details.
• The East Aurora School District is holding its annual reorganization meeting at 6 p.m. Wednesday in the library at 430 Main St.
• A meeting of the town Planning Board begins at 7 p.m. Wednesday in Southside Municipal Center, 300 Gleed Ave.
• Independence Day celebrations will be held Thursday in Hamlin Park and begin with the fire department’s spray of foamy soap from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. Bathing suits and goggles are recommended.
A Main Street parade, scheduled for 7 to 7:30 p.m., features a kids bike decorating contest. It will be followed by a Krossfire concert in the baseball outfield and comedy variety show at the Rotary bandstand.
Fireworks begin at 10 p.m. Rain date is Friday for the fireworks only.