Share this article

print logo

Two beauty salon workers treated for carbon monoxide inhalation

Two workers at a Grand Island beauty salon were treated at the scene for carbon monoxide inhalation after detectors went off and alerted the Grand Island Fire Company about noontime Tuesday.

Tammy Matlock, 39, and Christiana Decker, 33, both of North Tonawanda, were treated and evaluated by fire company medics after the Hizair Beauty Salon at 1721 Grand Island Blvd. was shut down for a time.

Fire Chief Matt Osinski said carbon monoxide levels in the business reached dangerous levels because of an improperly vented furnace. Both women declined hospitalization and National Fuel crews shut off gas service at the business until the defect was corrected.