Among the news on the front page of The Buffalo Evening News on April 28, 1914::
- General, support troops arrive in seized Mexican city.
- The Mexican president accepts U.S. peace proposal "unconditionally."
- Fleeing federals try to enter the United States.
- A young mother and her children died in a fire in Mount Union, Pa.
- A promotional box along the bottom reads: "Huerta, the Indian and His Rise to Power: A story of the dictator of Mexico: one of the most remarkable men in modern history. His early childhood spent among the barbarous Indian tribes and his rise to power and defies the power of 'Uncle Sam,' told in detail. Read The Buffalo Sunday News."