Share this article

print logo

Amherst house damaged by fire caused by decorative electric fixture

A bedroom fire Tuesday evening caused by a decorative electric light fixture that fell onto a bed left damage estimated at $6,000 to a 2 1/2-story house at 169 Meadow Spring Lane in Amherst, according to Chief Scott Preston of the Getzville Fire Company.

The fire that was reported about 7:15 p.m. caused $1,000 damage to the structure and $5,000 damage to contents. No injuries were reported.

The chief said the fire was quickly extinguished.