Town of Tonawanda
Plans to reorganize and consolidate schools in the Kenmore-Town of Tonawanda School District will be discussed at forums this week for district employees and residents.
The sessions begin at 4 and 7 p.m. Thursday in the auditorium of Hoover Middle School, 249 Thorncliff Road.
A second round of discussions will take place at 4 and 7 p.m. Monday, March 31, in the auditorium of Kenmore East High School, Brighton and Fries roads.
A special public consolidation work session also is scheduled for 6:30 p.m. April 1 in Kenmore East’s auditorium. The Ken-Ton School Board could make a decision about which consolidation plan to take that night.
The School Board’s budget workshop that had been scheduled for Tuesday has been canceled.
Also this week:
• The Town Board meets at 7:30 p.m. Monday in Council Chambers at the Municipal Building, 2919 Delaware Ave. A work session begins at 4 in the conference room.
• A meeting of the Kenmore Planning Board begins at 6 p.m. Tuesday in the municipal building.
• Kenmore Mercy Hospital’s Auxiliary will hold its “Books are Fun” event from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday and 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. Wednesday in the hospital, 2950 Elmwood Ave. Books for children and adults will be available for sale.
• Mustache March 5K, a race to benefit ovarian cancer research, begins at 10 a.m. Saturday at the Kenmore Community Center, 135 Wilbur Ave. The race concludes the Kenmore Village Improvement Society’s yearlong initiative, “Get Fit Kenmore.” A mustache-themed party will be held after the race at the community center. For more information, call KVIS President Melissa Foster at 877-0477 or visit www.mustachemarch5k.com.
• “Peeking at Private Gardens,” a free talk Sally Cunningham, author and master gardener, begins at 2 p.m. next Sunday at the Episcopal Diocesan Center, 1064 Brighton Road. Cunningham will share lessons from Buffalo’s National Garden Festival and tips. Seating is limited; for reservations, visit www.episcopalwny.org. Parking is available behind the Diocesan Center.