The high-level Buffalo Public Schools administators who lack state certifications to hold their jobs have been described by Superintendent Pamela Brown as the "best qualified" candidates for their positions. It now appears their employment contracts with the district are "null and void." As first reported by The News on Wednesday, both women came from out of state and worked as educational consultants prior to coming to Buffalo in July and August of last year.
Although we have copies of their resumes, they are unfortunately scribbled-over copies that would be inappropriate to post. (If anyone could send us clean copies, we would be very appreciative.) Repeated requests for resume copies from the school district have gone unanswered.
So, thanks to a bit of very quick typing, below a very condensed rundown of Yamilette Williams' and Faith Alexander's curriculum vitaes. Their actual resumes are much more detailed. If we ever get them, we'll post them.
Yamilette Williams - Chief of curriculum, assessment and instruction
- 2010-2013 Evans Newton education consultant - worked with Kansas City, Kan. Public Schools, Pine Bluff School District, Kenosha Unified School District
- 2002-2005 District Training Analyst, Instructional Technology Department, Broward County Schools, Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
- 1999-2002 Senior Programs Manager/Instructional Technology Director, contracted by JDL Technologies, Edina, Minn./Gary Community Schools, Gary, Ind.
- 1996-1999 Computer Technology Department Chair and Training Manager, McFatter Technical Center, Broward County Schools, Davie, Fla.
- 1987-1997 Project Coordinator/CAD Operator, Facilities and Construction Management, Broward County Schools
- EDUCATION -- BA: Palm Beach Atlantic University; MA: Devry University; Ed.D. University of Oklahoma
Faith Morrison Alexander - Chief of school leadership
- 2010-2013 Chief Turaround Officer, Cambiaum/NAEP, Milwaukee Public Schools; Evans Newton education consultant for Upper Darby Township Public Schools, Penn.; Perry Street Prep School, D.C.; Baltimore Public Schools; Bridgeport Public Schools, Conn.; Pine Bluff School District, AR.
- 2009-2010 Senior Administrator, School School Accountability and Curriculum, Florida Dept. of Education
- 2007-09 Principal, Leadership Academy West, Palm Beach, Fla.
- 2005-07 Curriculum Specialist, School District of Palm Beach Co., Fla.
- 2001-2005 Literacy Coach, English Department Chair, Lake Worth High School, Fla.
- EDUCATION - BA in English: University of the West Indies; M.Ed.: Lynn University; Ed.S: Nova Southeastern University; Ed.D.: Lynn University
-- Sandra Tan