Share this article

Open for business
Find out the latest updates from local businesses as our region reopens.
print logo

Unattended burning candle ignites cottage fire on Masten

An attic fire late Monday night caused $45,000 damage to a rear cottage on the 100 block of Masten Avenue, fire officials said.

The fire was reported shortly after 11 p.m. and firefighters determined it was caused by an unattended burning candle. One adult is receiving assistance from the Red Cross. No injuries were reported.