Town of Tonawanda
The Ken-Ton School Board is expected to approve its state-mandated District Comprehensive Improvement Plan and Comprehensive Education Plans for Kenmore West and East High Schools when it conducts a special meeting at 6:30 p.m. Monday in the community room of the Philip Sheridan Building, 3200 Elmwood Avenue.
The board will also discuss the three consolidation scenarios submitted to its administrative team for further study and solicit public input regarding the scenarios, according to a tentative agenda for the meeting.
Also this week:
• The Town Board meets at 7:30 p.m. Monday in council chambers at the municipal building, 2919 Delaware Ave. A work session begins at 4 in the second-floor conference room.
• Kenmore West High School will host an “I.B. Open House” for 8th grade students and their parents interested in the International Baccalaureate Diploma Program on Thursday at 7 p.m. in the high school auditorium, 33 Highland Parkway.
• Bring your bank statements, old tax filings, old medical records and have them securely and professionally shredded at the Kenmore Rotary’s Shred-It fundraiser Saturday from noon to 4 p.m. in the parking lot of Kenmore West. There is a suggested donation of $10 per standard 8-½ x 11 box of paper with proceeds benefitting various community projects.
• The fifth annual BobKat Honorary 5k race and one-mile Family Fun Run, benefitting the Town Boys and Girls Club and honoring its director Bob “Kat” Nowak, begins at 6 p.m. Thursday at Aqua Lane Park, at the foot of Sheridan Drive in the Town of Tonawanda. An awards ceremony follows immediately at the Town Clubhouse, 54 Riverdale Ave. Pre-race day registration is available online or register race day starting at 5 p.m. in Aqua Lane Park. For more information, contact race director Scott Henderson at email@example.com or 725-7414.
• The Ken-Ton School District is accepting reservations for a free Legislative Advocacy Workshop to be held Oct. 15 in Kenmore West’s Goulding Theater. The 90-minute workshop conducted by School Board Vice President Stephen Brooks is geared towards educating participants on how to advocate effectively. Space is limited and reservations are restricted to district residents. Send your reservation request by e-mail to Board President Bob Dana at firstname.lastname@example.org and include your name, address and phone number.