Share this article

print logo

Snoozing cook wakes up to apartment filled with smoke

TOWN OF LOCKPORT – The kitchen of a Sweetwood Drive apartment was heavily damaged early Saturday when a woman fell asleep after putting a pot on the stove, authorities said

The woman, Niagara County sheriff’s deputies said, awoke to a smoke-filled apartment. Deputies said the bottom of the pan had burned out and flames damaged the stove and a vent, cupboards and a microwave oven. A damage estimate was unavailable.