Share this article

print logo

Candle sparks fire, displaces Falls apartment house residents

NIAGARA FALLS – An overturned candle ignited nearby curtains, sparking a Sunday morning fire that heavily damaged a two-family home at 431 10th Street.

Emergency crews were sent to the scene at 11:11 a.m., and found the first floor of the building fully engulfed. All of the residents safely escaped, thanks to residents on the lower floor alerting their upstairs neighbor when the fire began.

There were no injuries reported, and no damage estimate was available later Sunday.