The Business Calendar runs each Sunday in the Business section. Notices of meetings, seminars and workshops of interest to the Buffalo-area business community should be sent to the Business News Desk of The News, Box 100, Buffalo, NY 14240; faxed to 849-4587; or emailed to email@example.com by the preceding Thursday.
• Erie County Industrial Development Agency ECIDA/RDC Loan Committee Meeting, 8:30 a.m., ECIDA, 143 Genesee St. Confirmations, 856-6525, Ext. 136.
• Buffalo Niagara Sales and Marketing Executives' annual CEO Roundtable, 5:15 p.m., cocktails and networking; 6:15 p.m., dinner and presentation, Salvatore's Italian Gardens, 6461 Transit Road, Depew. Topic: "Made in WNY." Cost: $40, nonmembers; $15, students; free, members, includes dinner and presentation. Registration, 662-2279 or www.bnsme.org.
• Buffalo American Society of Mechanical Engineers, ASME, dinner meeting and presentation, 5:30 p.m., Diamond Hawk Golf Course Clubhouse, 225 Sonwil Drive, Cheektowaga. Cost: $25, ASME members; $30, nonmembers and guests. Reservations, 831-0848.
• BNI Executive Marketing Team, breakfast meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Holiday Inn Buffalo Airport, 4600 Genesee St., Cheektowaga. Information, 238-4041.
• Niagara Business Network, 8-9:15 a.m., Dick & Jenny's Restaurant, 1270 Baseline Road, Grand Island. Call 863-0260.
• Pro-Net Professional Networking Group meeting, 8 a.m. today and 8:30 a.m. Wednesday and Thursday, Amherst Chamber of Commerce, 350 Essjay Road, Suite 200, Amherst. Free to Chamber members and prospective members. Reservations, 632-6905.
• Buffalo Urban Development Corp., meeting, noon, BUDC/ECIDA, 143 Genesee St. Confirmations, 856-6525, Ext. 136.
• Center for the Study of Art, Architecture, History and Nature and Buffalo and Erie County Public Library, lecture discussion series, "Imagine The War of 1812: Appreciating Peace on the Niagara Frontier, Part I: noon-1 p.m., Ring of Knowledge, main floor near Fables Cafe, Central Library, 1 Lafayette Square. Speaker: Raya Lee, librarian, Medaille College. Information, www.buffaloah.com.
• Executive Taking Action Forum, Life Coach Roundtable, a leadership and personal development networking group, 7 p.m., Holiday Inn Buffalo Airport, 4600 Genesee St., Cheektowaga. Reservations, www.meetup.com/Life-Coach-Roundtable or 202-8423.
• Buffalo Niagara Chapter of the Product Development and Management Association, program meeting, 5:45-8:30 p.m., Ramada Hotel, 2402 N. Forest Road, Getzville. Program: William Shephard, CPSB Inc. will speak about creative problem solving. Cost: $20, members and students; $30, nonmembers. Hors d'oeuvres and cash bar. Information or registration, www.pdma.org/index.php?mo=cm&op=ld&fid=201.
• BNI Advantage, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Sean Patrick's Restaurant and Banquet Facility, 3480 Millersport Highway, Getzville. Call 433-2402.
• The Lancaster Area Chamber of Commerce, morning business exchange networking group meeting, 8 a.m., Mimis Central Perk Cafe, 24 Central Ave., Lancaster. Call 681-9755.
• The Parachute Group, a networking group for individuals who are in career/job transition, 10 a.m., Harlem Road Community Center, 4255 Harlem Road, Amherst. Call 276-1117.
• Women's Business Center at Canisius, Women In Networking city meeting, 11:45 a.m.-1:15 p.m., Canisius College WBC, Demerly Hall, 2365 Main St. Reservations, firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Lancaster Area Chamber of Commerce, Lunch and Learn Series, noon-1:30 p.m., Protocol Restaurant, 6766 Transit Road, Cheektowaga. Program: Marketing Principles: Build Your Business Successfully, presented by Trace George, VSP Marketing Graphic Group and Matt Murphy, Aurora Imprints. Cost: $20, members; $25, future members, includes lunch. Call 681-9755 or email@example.com.
Seminars and classes
• The Canisius College Women's Business Center, social media learning labs, 9 a.m.-noon, Canisius College campus, Regis Room South, 2001 Main St. Topic: LinkedIn and YouTube. Cost, $50 per session. Call 888-8280 or socialmediabizsummit.com.
• The City of Niagara Falls with D'Youville College, free 10-week entrepreneurial training program for those who operate a business or who plan to open a business, 6-8:30 p.m., Niagara Falls Early Brydges Library, 1425 Main St., Niagara Falls. Applications accepted, Niagara Falls Economic Development Department, Room 17, Niagara Falls City Hall; see Clara Dunn, 286-1481.
• BNI Platinum, networking meeting, 6:45 a.m., Milos Restaurant, 5877 Main St., Williamsville. Information, 648-3230.
• BNI Pinnacle, networking meeting, 6:45 to 8:30 a.m., Westwood Country Club, 772 N. Forest Road, Amherst. Reservations, 998-6021.
• BNI Signature, networking meeting, 6:45 to 8:30 a.m., K of C Banquet Facility, 2735 Union Road, Cheektowaga. Visitors welcome. Information, 868-6018.
• The WNY Business Alliance, business-to-business networking meeting, 7:30-8:30 a.m., Millennium Hotel and Resort, 2040 Walden Ave., Cheektowaga. Call 310-3235.
• Canisius College Women's Business Center, Opportunities for Women and Minority Business Owners networking event, 8-9:30 a.m., Moon Java Cafe, 56 Harvester Ave., Batavia. Melinda Rath Sanderson will share information about programs and resources that serve the needs of these entrepreneurs. Information and registration, Linda Wishman, 343-2800 or linda@mancusogroup.
• The Parachute Group, a networking group for downsized employees and career changers, 10 a.m., Lakewood Town Offices (upstairs), 20 W. Summit St., Lakewood. Call 276-1127.
• The Independent Health Chapter of Toastmasters, McIntalk Masters, Guest Day/Open House, noon-1 p.m., 375 Essjay Road, Williamsville. Information, visit: 754612.toastmastersclubs.org/ or Macintalkmasters@independenthealth.com.
• Working for Downtown, Thursday in the City, 5-8 p.m., Papaya, 118 W. Chippewa St. Information, visit www.workingfordowntown.org.
• The Rotary Club of Buffalo, 5:30-8 p.m., Seneca Larkin Building, 701 Seneca St. Program: Enchanted Evening. Information, call 854-3397.
• The Cheektowaga Chamber of Commerce, Annual Awards Dinner, 5:30 p.m., cocktails; 6 p.m., dinner. Millennium Hotel and Resort, 2040 Walden Ave., Cheektowaga. Tickets, $45 and can be obtained at the Chamber or at www.cheektowaga.org. Information, call 684-5838.
• The Greater East Aurora Chamber of Commerce, Business Awards Reception, 6 p.m., Old Orchard Inn, 2095 Blakeley Corners Road, Town of Aurora. Cost, $25/person. Information or reservations, 652-8444 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Seminars and classes
• Hurwitz & Fine, free seminar and luncheon, noon-3 p.m., Saturn Club, 977 Delaware Ave. Topic: "Facing Trucking Accidents Head-On: Managing Catastrophic Risk." Free registration, 849-8900.
• NYS Center of Excellence at the University at Buffalo, Life Sciences Commercialization Lecture Series, 4-5 p.m., NYS Center of Excellence in Bioinformatics and Life Sciences at UB, 701 Ellicott St. Topic: Accelerating Upstate New York's Competitiveness and Exports in the Global Economy. Registration, 2012septemberlectureseries.eventbrite.com/
• BNI Enterprise, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Fairdale Banquet Center, 672 Wehrle Drive, Amherst. Information, 694-2968, or www.bninewyork.com.
• BNI Circle of Excellence, networking meeting, 6:45-9 a.m., Milo's Restaurant, 5877 Main St., Williamsville. Information, 408-2525.