1. Clarence softball. Fans who like sitting in the outfield, beware: Red Devils head to state final four having hit 10 home runs in last two games.
2. Frewsburg baseball & softball. What a doubleheader for the Bears: Two teams headed to state championships in Class C on Saturday.
3. Hamburg softball. Junior pitcher Bridget Hogan one of many players who can do it with the bat, too. Fantastic game-ending relay in regional.
4. Bishop Timon-St. Jude lacrosse. Excellent season concludes with Monsignor Martin Association's first state Catholic AA championship.
5. Lancaster baseball. Section VI Class AA champion deserves to be considered top baseball team this season.
6. St. Joe's baseball. Ended St. Francis' 12-game win streak with a most important two-game run of its own: A sweep in the Georgetown Cup finals for first title since 2005.
7 Canisius rowing. Made another deep charge at the prestigious Canadian nationals with two medals.
8. Grand Island baseball. Comeback in regional the best finish to a game one could imagine.
9. Silver Creek boys lacrosse. Zed Williams breaks career mark as junior in one-goal regional loss to Penn Yan team headed to C state finals.
10. Hamburg boys & girls lacrosse. Both squads posted decisive sectional wins and have case as being WNY's best in both sports.
Honor roll: Fredonia baseball, St. Francis baseball, Cleveland Hill softball, Pine Valley baseball, Forestville softball, Sacred Heart softball.