Share this article

print logo

Two sought for questioning in Lockport double shooting; Police believe case is related to drugs

Two Locust Street residents are being sought for questioning following a double shooting downtown just before 11 p.m. Monday.

The shootings are believed to be drug-related, according to investigators.

Capt. Richard Podgers, chief of detectives, said Wednesday that police are looking for Brandon M. Howard and Becca R. Bliemeister, who were in the Locust Street house where the shooting occurred.

Howard, 24, is about 5 feet, 8 inches tall. He may be armed, Podgers said.

Bliemeister, 19, has brown hair, brown eyes and a thin build.

Anyone with information on either of these two are asked to contact the Police Department at 433-7700 or 911.

Lockport police detectives said that one of the victims, Anthony Tweed, 20, of Niagara Falls, told them that he was invited to the home of Bliemeister and Howard, at 271 Locust St.

Tweed said that two men entered the house, both were carrying handguns, and robbed him. When one of the men dropped his guard, Tweed grabbed him and a fight ensued, police said.

During the struggle, Tweed and another man, Stanley Brown, 23, of South Street, Lockport, were struck by gunfire.

Tweed, who was shot in the hand, was able to flee the house in his vehicle. Because he was unfamiliar with the area, he drove around and stopped at a downtown bar at Main and Locust streets and asked for directions from a group gathered on the street in front of the bar.

Police were called to the scene, and Tweed was taken by ambulance to Eastern Niagara Hospital in Lockport, where he was treated and released.

As police were tending to Tweed, they received a call from a woman who said her boyfriend, Brown, was suffering from a gunshot wound. Lockport police found Brown in the 300 block of Washburn Street. He was taken to Erie County Medical Center, where underwent surgery for a gunshot wound to the abdomen. His wounds are not believed to be life-threatening, according to Podgers.

Police have not named the gunmen in the shooting or announced any arrests as the investigation continues.