> 2011 Coaches baseball polls
State classification is in parentheses; first-place votes in brackets; *indicates tie.
No. Team (Class) Rec.Pts
1. Orchard Park (AA)  5-177
2. St. Joe's  8-272
3. Williamsville East  7-363
4. Canisius  1-158
5. Iroquois (A) 2-049
6. Clarence (AA)  3-239
7. Lake Shore 5-131
8. Grand Island* (A) 2-128
8. St. Francis* 1-126
10. Timon-St. Jude 4-114
Also receiving votes: Wmsv. South 9, Lockport 8, Wmsv. North 8, North Tonawanda 5, Nia. Falls 3, Lancaster 3, Depew 1, Albion 1.
2011 Pollsters: Bob Barrows (Orchard Park/ECIC I), Bob Kowal (Lake Shore/ECIC II), Jerry Gasz (Wmsv. East/ECIC II), Mark Waple (Lew-Port/Niagara Frontier League), Jim Palano (Timon-St. Jude/Monsignor Martin), Les Simon (Kenmore East/Niagara Frontier League), Mike Morlock (Frontier/ECIC I), Tim Racey (Starpoint/ECIC II), Jim Galbo (Buffalo Public Schools/Cornell Cup).
> Coming attractions
* The inaugural Sean Patrick Scott Memorial Baseball/Softball has been rescheduled for Saturday and Sunday at the Michael J. Brannen Field at Cardinal O'Hara.
The participating softball teams include Cardinal O'Hara, Akron, City Honors and the CSAT. The field of baseball teams includes Cardinal O'Hara, City Honors, Riverside and Kenmore West. Game times are 9:30 a.m. softball, 11:30 a.m. baseball, 2 p.m. softball and 4 p.m. baseball.
The tournament honors the memory of Scott, a student and captain of the baseball team at Cardinal O'Hara, who died in an accidental drowning in 2004. Admission is free. Contact John Scott at 832-2007.
* Weather permitting, No. 1 ranked large school Orchard Park (5-1) will play four games this week, at Jamestown today, and hosting West Seneca West on Wednesday, Williamsville North on Thursday and Jamestown on Friday.
Softball's No. 1 ranked large school, Clarence, hosts neighboring No. 4 Lancaster today at 4:45. A pair of games featuring four ranked teams are Wednesday. No. 10 Frontier is at No. 4 Lancaster at 4:30 p.m. and No. 5 Niagara-Wheatfield is at No. 9 Kenmore West at 4:45. On Thursday it's No. 4 Lancaster at No. 2 Williamsville North at 4:45 p.m. Also Thursday, Kenmore West is at rival Kenmore East at 4:45 p.m.
* The state-ranked and undefeated Timon boys lacrosse team has three games this week. The Tigers (8-0) are at St. Francis on Wednesday at 5 p.m. in a battle of two of the top teams in the Monsignor Martin Association. On Thursday they host Hill Academy (Vaughan, Ont.,) at 7 p.m. and Saturday the visit Irondequoit. Freshman Adam Dimillo leads the Tigers in points.
Clarence (4-0), also state-ranked, plays on back-to-back days, hosting Williamsville North on Thursday and traveling to Niagara-Wheatfield on Friday.
* The Mount St. Mary girls lacrosse team will host Nardin today at 4:30 p.m. behind the Phillip Sheridan School in the Town of Tonawanda. The game is a rematch of last year's Monsignor Martin Association final, won by the Mount, 15-11. Nichols hosts defending Section VI Class B champion West Seneca East on Thursday at 4:30 p.m. Two big contests in Class A include Orchard Park hosting Lancaster on Wednesday at 4 p.m. and Lancaster at home against Frontier on Friday at 4:30 p.m.
* Friday's track and field events include the Dunkirk Invitational at Hamburg and the Town of Amherst Championships at Amherst. On Saturday, it's the Olean Boosters.
> Bulletin board
* GOLF BENEFIT: Deserving Lockport student-athletes will be among the beneficiaries at the 10th anniversary of the Kuntzman Memorial Golf Tournament. Proceeds are used to fund a number of $1,000 awards to Lockport High School athletes who embody the attributes of Lockport graduates Rich and Steve Kuntzman. More than $20,000 has been awarded to college-bound seniors.
The Tournament is July 15 at the Shelridge Country Club in Medina. Cost is $80 and includes 18 holes, cart, one-hour open bar, hors d'ouevres, dinner and prize raffle. Hole sponsorships are available for a $50 contribution. Call Lockport football coach Greg Bronson (434-8249), Harry Clark (636-1567) or Andy LaMont (439-0175).
* WRESTLING HONORS: Finalists for the 17th annual Ilio DiPaolo Wrestling Scholarship have been announced. The awards will be presented May 19 at Ilio DiPaolo's Restaurant in Blasdell starting at 7 p.m. Each year the awards recognize and provide financial aid to college-bound wrestlers who excel on and off the mat.
The scholarships being awarded are the Ilio DiPaolo Award, Gary Castanza Award, The Destroyer Award, Cauliflower Alley Club Wrestling Award, Bill Hein Award and the St. Francis Captains Award.
The 2011 nominees are: Jordan McGregor (Tonawanda), Jonathon O'Brien (Gowanda), Philip Czapla (East Aurora), Justin Hunt (Ripley), Irvin Buck (Niagara Falls), Dylan Duncanson (Medina), Jacob Petroski (Cheektowaga), Greg Burroughs (Fredonia), Adam Donner (Niagara- Wheatfield), Abdulqawi Mohamed (Lackawanna), Jake Cambria (St. Joe's), Patrick Mix (Lake Shore) and Kristopher Schimek (Pine Valley).
Send items of interest to Sidelines via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 849-4587.