1. In what state are the Finger Lakes?
2. Name the last Dutch governor of New York -- then called New Amsterdam -- more than four centuries ago.
3. The "X" often used by people who cannot write their names is known as what kind of "cross?"
4. What is an abalone?
5. Blue and yellow blended together produce what other color?
6. Until about the year 1700, Martha's Vineyard off the coast of Massachusetts was known by what other, similar name?
7. Writer Pearl Buck's parents were missionaries in China. Was Pearl born there?
8. Alan Boyd was the first secretary of what department that began in 1966?
9. Who played the role of Captain Kangaroo on television?
10. Who wrote "God heals and the doctor takes the fee?"
1. New York State.
2. Peter Stuyvesant.
4. A sea snail that walks on the ocean floor.
6. Martin's Vineyard.
7. No, she was born in West Virginia. Her parents took her to China when she was just a few months old. She lived in China for more than 40 years.
8. Department of Transportation.
9. Bob Keeshan.
10. Benjamin Franklin in "Poor Richard's Almanac."