Share this article

print logo

How to obtain IRS forms and publications for 2010

The Internal Revenue Service is reminding taxpayers that it's not too early to start pulling your tax information together.

The IRS will no longer be automatically mailing paper tax packages, due to the continued growth in electronic filing. But it still has free tax forms and publications on a wide variety of topics. Here's how to obtain them:

* On the Internet. All forms and publications are available on the IRS site at

* Taxpayer Assistance Centers. The IRS operates 401 centers nationwide where it offers face-to-face assistance and where taxpayers can pick up many IRS forms and publications. Locations are listed on the IRS website; go to Contact My Local Office on the Individuals page to find a list by state or enter your ZIP code to find the one nearest you.

* Community locations. Many libraries and post offices offer free tax forms during tax filing season. Some libraries also have copies of commonly requested publications. Many large grocery stores, copy centers and office supply stores have forms you can make copies of.

* By mail. You can call (800) 829-3676 to order current-year forms. The IRS requests that taxpayers wait until after Monday to place requests.

There are no comments - be the first to comment