The Business Calendar runs each Sunday in the Business section. Notices of meetings, seminars and workshops of interest to the Buffalo-area business community should be sent to the Business News Desk of The News, Box 100, Buffalo, NY 14240; faxed to 849-4587; or e-mailed to email@example.com by the preceding Thursday.2
Seminars and classes
* Everywoman Opportunity Center, free keyboarding skills workshop, 10 a.m.-1 p.m., through Wednesday, EOC, 1905 Pine Ave., Niagara Falls. Participants will be given a pretest and a post test. The workshop is designed to assist individuals who desire to enter, re-enter, or upgrade in the workforce, and need to update their skills before moving ahead. Registration, call 282-8472.
* BNI Executive Marketing Team, breakfast meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Millennium Hotel Buffalo, 2040 Walden Ave., Cheektowaga. Program: "New technologies on Web site Design," presented by Chuck Barrett, Quad-B Sytems. Information, visit www.bniemt.com or call Debra Chase, 662-6166.
* BNI Business Networkers Chapter of Business Network International, 7-8:30 a.m., Lucarelli's Banquet Center, 1830 Abbott Road, Lackawanna. Speaker: Bill Nyitrai, PuroClean. Visitors welcome. Information and registration, call Roger Carron, 866-9248.
* WNY PRO 2 Business networker's weekly meeting, 7:30 a.m., Bob Evans restaurant, 1925 Niagara Falls Blvd., Amherst. Visitors welcome. Information or reservations, call Joe Andrade, 417-0070.
* Silver Spoon Personal Financial Officers, Make-A-Wish Foundation of Western New York celebrity charity art auction, 6 p.m., Westwood Country Club, 772 N. Forest Road, Amherst. Wine and cheese served. Cost: $10 and $15. Information and reservations, call Seth Greene, 565-0137.
Seminars and classes
* Buffalo Niagara Partnership and the Upstate Chapter of the Turnaround Management Association, Business Restructuring Symposium, 8 a.m. to noon, Buffalo Niagara Partnership, 665 Main St., Knox Room. Discussion of corporate renewal and turnaround management. Cost: $25, Buffalo Niagara Partnership & TMA members; $50, nonmembers. Tickets, visit www.thepartnership.org/events or call 541-1770.
* Dopkins & Co., free seminar on health care reform and what it means for area business owners, including the impact on costs and tax implications, 8:30-10 a.m., Millennium Hotel, 2040 Walden Ave., Cheektowaga. Registration, call 651-4213.
* Buffalo Metropolitan Federal Credit Union, Money and Me seminar, money management skills for teens, 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m., today, July 1, July 8, and July 9; St. Anthony's Church, Court Street. and S. Elmwood Avenue. Participants will receive a $10 iTunes gift card and a letter of reference teens can use for college and job applications. An opening deposit to the Credit Union's teen account program will also be rewarded to any participants wishing to open a savings account. Reservations, visit bflometrocu.org or call the credit union, 847-6960.
* Westminster Economic Development Initiative, business mentoring program, 4-6 p.m., 271 Grant St. (former library). Free advice to entrepreneurs and small-business owners on the West Side. Information, callBonnie Smith, 870-6843 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
* The Lancaster Area Chamber of Commerce, A.M. Attitude Adjustment, networking group meeting, 8 a.m., Dutch Mill Restaurant, 5259 Broadway, Lancaster. Information, call the Chamber, 681-9755.
* The Parachute Group, a networking group for individuals who are in career/job transition, 10 a.m., Harlem Road Community Center, 4255 Harlem Road, Amherst. Information, call 276-1117 or e-mail email@example.com
Seminars and classes
* Leadership Niagara, Board Leadership Training seminar, 8-10 a.m., Vantage Center Training Room, 6311 Inducon Corporate Drive, Sanborn. A leadership seminar for board members, volunteers and staff who would like to lead their organizations through effective board governance. A certificate will be provided to all participants. Facilitator, Skip Helfrich, Human Energies. Free to Leadership Niagara charter members and alumni; $25, guests. Contact Tracy Fletcher, 998-0351 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Everywoman Opportunity Center, Interviewing Pointers workshop, 9 a.m.-2:30 p.m., 2001 Niagara Falls Blvd., Amherst. Call for reservations if you are separated, divorced, widowed, spouse unemployed or single parent, 837-2260.
* The Women's Business Center at Canisius College, free information counseling session for current and potential small-business owners, presented by staff from the state Small Business Development Center, the WBC and members of the Service Corps of Retired Executives, noon to 1 p.m., Demerly Hall, Canisius College, 2365 Main St., Buffalo. Information or registration, call 888-8280 or visit www.canisius.edu/wbc.
* MicroBiz Buffalo, WIP--Intro to Online Marketing and Sale workshop, 6-8 p.m., 237 Main St., Suite 1200. Information or registration, visit www.microbizbuffalo.org/web_incubator_program.php
* BNI Pinnacle Chapter, weekly meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Amherst Youth Center, 5005 Sheridan Drive, Amherst. Speaker: James Wenzel, Enterprise Resource Providers. Information, call Adam Lingner, 523-7907.
* AM Lockport Toastmasters International club meeting, 7 a.m., Friendly's Restaurant, Main Street., Lockport. Information, call Les, 689-8139 or visit www.amlockporttm.org.
* WNYPRO, a Western New York networking group, 7-8:30 a.m., International House of Pancakes, 4003 Maple Road, Amherst. Speaker: Larry Van Deusen, Aspire Technology Solutions. Information, call Tom Dugan, 837-3335 or visit www.wnypro.com.
* The Western New York Business Networking Group for business professionals, 7:45 a.m., Comfort Inn, 1 Flint Road, Amherst. Call 553-8883 or visit www.wnybiznet.com.
* Southtowns Business Network, breakfast networking meeting, 8 a.m., Alton's Restaurant, 2221 Transit Rd, Elma. Speaker: Bob Fuller, TerraScapes Landscaping. Information, call Bob Fuller, 681-5311 or visit www.southtownsbiznet.org.
* Toastmasters of Clarence, part of Toastmasters International, 8-9 a.m., Clarence Public Library, 3 Town Place, Clarence. Information, contact Mark Richheimer, 998-5748 or email@example.com.
* Rotary Club of Buffalo, Alumni Day with former Rotarians and guests, 12:15 p.m., Templeton Landing, 2 Templeton Terrace. Speaker: Charles C. Martorana, incoming president. Information, call 854-3397.
* The Canisius College Women's Business Center, "Sister Mixer," a networking event, 8-10 a.m., Delaware Park Marcy Casino, Lincoln Parkway, behind the Albright-Knox Art Gallery. Free and open to the public. Men and women are welcome. Light refreshments will be served. Information, call Sheila Walsh, 888-8285.