1. Who won the 1950 Associated Press poll as best football player in the first half of the 20th century?
2. In geology, what is the law of universal gravitation?
3. Chopin's "Funeral March" expresses the composer's feelings over what?
4. The most common phobia is believed to be agoraphobia, which is the fear of . . .
5. Any of the first four books of the New Testament are known by what six-letter word beginning with "G"?
6. Identify the "Old Colony" state.
7. How many stars and stripes were on the American flag that flew over Fort McHenry when Francis Scott Key wrote "The Star-Spangled Banner"?
8. A symphony orchestra consists of four main sections. What are they?
9. During what decade did technology for the video cassette recorder originate?
10. Wisconsin, in 1911, was the first state to have what kind of tax?
1. Jim Thorpe. Harold (Red) Grange was second, and Bronko Nagurski a distant third.
2. That every mass particle in the universe attracts every other one.
3. The loss of independence of his native Poland.
4. Being in open or public spaces.
6. Massachusetts, also known as the "Bay State."
7. Fifteen of each. Later flags had more stars but the number of stripes went back to the original 13.
8. Strings, woodwinds, percussion and brass.
9. The early 1960s.
10. Income tax.