1. What was the occupation of Frances Scott Key, who wrote the verse of "The Star-Spangled Banner"?
2. In television, a "kinnie" is short for Kinescope and means what?
3. What is a "halo" of the sun or moon?
4. Oceans contain what percentage of Earth's surface water, within 10 percentage points?
5. Identify the confederate major general who was fatally wounded in the battle of Yellow Tavern, Va., in 1864.
6. What player was in the most World Series?
7. The cause of rust is . . .
8. What part of the body is the pharynx, the muscular and membranous cavity of the alimentary canal?
9. The usual shape of a sinkhole is . . .
10. Where is the lowest point in North America?
1. Lawyer. He was also U.S. attorney for the District of Columbia.
2. A film recording of television pictures.
3. A ring of light around either of them. The cause is the bending of light through atmospheric ice particles.
4. Ninety-nine percent.
5. J.E.B. "Jeb" Stuart.
6. Yogi Berra of the New York Yankees. He played in 14 World Series and in a record total of 75 games.
7. Oxidation, such as during exposure to air and moisture.
8. The throat.
10. Death Valley, Calif., 282 feet below sea level.