First off, this is research for something else -- the NCAA and its stop here in Buffalo this weekend. Definitely get your hands on today's paper, which includes a great preview section, and check out all sorts of cool content at our Tournament Central.
Of course, no NCAAs in Buffalo for me as I'm off to Glens Falls. Here's some links that were part of my research for my story as well as the charts (I love doing that chart -- lots of stuff in there) that ran with it:
* The current state rankings thanks to the New York State Sportswriters Association.
* The home page for the NYSSWA's Road to Glens Falls has tons of stuff.
* A bunch of final four related stuff came up in Wednesday night's edition of our weekly chat.
In semi-random order (I've got windows opened up all over my computer):
* The Moravia roster (that's who Middle College plays) via MaxPreps.
* A story from the Auburn Citzen on how the Moravia community is rallying around its Blue Devils.
* Middle College's stats page via MaxPreps.
* A nice home site of New York Mills.
* Excellent Oneonta Star story on New York Mills avenging last year's regional loss to defending champion South Kortright.
* Syracuse.com wrapup of New York Mills' regional win.
* Clymer plays John A. Coleman Catholic in the state semifinals. Coleman Catholic is also in the Class D final four.
A reminder that I strongly feel that private schools should not be allowed in Class D. Here's a 2008 post I dust off from time to time.
* One of the teams in the Class D final four is Davenport ... or is it Charlotte Valley? C'mon people. Pick one name. Like Middle Coll .... I mean OTC.
* Mary Jo Monnin has some cool down-home info on the Clymer girls' first trip to the final four.