Share this article

print logo


>Lost vehicle runs into trouble with the law

ROYALTON -- Two underage women were charged having alcohol, and a young man was charged with marijuana possession after they said they got lost on country roads just before 2:30 a.m. Tuesday.

Niagara County sheriff's deputies said they followed a vehicle that appeared to be lost and stopped it on Royalton-Hartland Road.

The driver, Laura L. Snyder, 20, of Spruce Street, North Tonawanda, and her passengers, Samantha J. Eberhart, 20, of Philip Street, North Tonawanda, and Mattheau A. Rochester, 21, of Perry, said they were trying to find their way back to North Tonawanda.

Deputies said they observed an open bottle of Kahlua coffee liqueur in the back seat. Deputies found a bag with a green substance, rolling papers and a metal crusher and charged Rochester with unlawful possession of marijuana.


>Passenger van burns on eastbound Thruway

A passenger van caught fire on the Thruway during the height of rush hour Tuesday morning, but the occupants got out safely, state police reported. Fire crews rushed to the scene at 8:33 a.m., on the eastbound Thruway, just before Exit 53, the link to the Niagara Thruway.


>Ex-prisoner charged in knifepoint robbery

A Buffalo man who spent more than a year in jail for making a fake 911 robbery call that led to the October 2002 death of Buffalo Police Officer James Shields was arrested late Tuesday for allegedly robbing a woman at knifepoint, Buffalo police reported.

Darin W. Bonner Jr., 26, of Linwood Terrace, was charged with robbery and criminal possession of a weapon about 8:30 p.m. after he allegedly put a knife to an Alden woman's throat and stole her wallet with $50 cash.

Bonner was apprehended in a gas station store at West Delavan and Delaware avenues by Northwest District officers Donald Genovese and Albert Monteforte. They recovered the weapon for evidence.

Bonner was paroled exactly four years ago today after serving a year and 12 days in prison for felony falsely reporting an incident in the fake 911 call that resulted in Shield's death on Oct. 30, 2002.

There are no comments - be the first to comment