Share this article

print logo

Cattaraugus Court takes action on cases

A Salamanca woman will spend up to three years in prison for credit card theft following sentencing Monday in Cattaraugus County Court.

Brandi C. Bartlow, 21, now in the county jail, was sentenced by Judge Larry M. Himelein to serve from one to three years in prison and pay $1,581 restitution for her guilty plea to fourth-degree grand larceny. She must also serve a concurrent one-year term for her conviction of second-degree aggravated harassment.

District Attorney Edward M. Sharkey said that between September and December last year, Bartlow stole another person's credit card and used it in Cattaraugus and Chautauqua counties assuming the cardholder's identity. She also harassed another person by repeated contact.

In other cases, several defendants entered guilty pleas and face sentencing Dec. 22.

Frank P. O'Dell, 24, of Delevan, now in the county jail, pleaded guilty to first-degree sexual abuse in August in the Town of Yorkshire involving a person under age 11.

Steven A. Atkinson, 47, of Humphrey, now in the county jail, pleaded guilty to fourth-degree criminal sale of a controlled substance Sept. 21, 2007, in the Village of Franklinville where he sold a narcotic prescription.

Christopher J. Dorn, 19, of Cattaraugus, pleaded guilty to third-degree criminal mischief in April in the City of Olean, where he damaged property at the Carpenters Union Hall.

Jared T. Capra, 21, of Olean, pleaded guilty to fourth-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance June 13 in the City of Olean.

Sentencing was set for Feb. 14 for Travis R. Lundberg, 20, of Randolph, now in the Erie County Holding Center, who pleaded guilty to third-degree burglary and third-degree attempted criminal possession of stolen property in the summer of 2007.

The stolen property was a 500-pound brass bell taken from Camp Timbercrest, a Girl Scout camp in the Town of Randolph.

Because the bell was located away from the residence of the groundskeeper, its disappearance went unnoticed for a month. It was thought the bell had been removed for a scheduled refinishing, a county sheriff's detective explained in August.

The bell had been sold as scrap metal and destroyed.

There are no comments - be the first to comment