A Franklinville man has been sentenced by Cattaraugus County Court Judge Larry M. Himelein to five years' probation and 20 hours of community service after being convicted of driving while intoxicated.
Donald N. Wheeler, 54, also was fined $3,000. Charged with driving while intoxicated on Oct. 30, 2005, in the Town of Franklinville, Wheeler posted a blood-alcohol level of 0.21 percent. The legal limit is 0.08 percent.
District Attorney Edward M. Sharkey said several others who pleaded guilty will be sentenced Aug. 27. They include:
* Nathan G. Layman, 19, of Olean -- third-degree attempted burglary. The crime occurred Nov. 27 in the City of Olean.
* Danny A. Lang, 28, of Delevan -- driving while intoxicated, Dec. 21 in the Town of Yorkshire.
* Jonah D. Shufelt, 18, of Lancaster -- second-degree burglary and petit larceny. On March 23, 2006, Shufelt entered a Town of Lyndon building and stole items.
* Michael L. Sajdak, 50, of Gowanda -- second-degree assault. The crime occurred March 30 in the Town of Persia.
* Gary O. Thomas, 19, of Steamburg -- third-degree attempted burglary. Authorities said he committed thefts on Jan. 25 and Nov. 9 in the Town of Coldspring.
Also, William K. Eisenhart, 16, of Allegany, who pleaded guilty to second-degree attempted assault, Nov. 1 in the Town of Allegany, is scheduled to be in court Sept. 10.