* Sneakers (unless you're on a sand court)
* Gym shorts
* The ball weighs between 9 and 10 ounces. Ball pressure is between 4.5 and 6.0 pounds.
*Games are played to 25 points. Must win by two points.
*Six players per side. * Maximum of three hits per side.
* Player may not hit the ball twice in succession (A block is not considered a hit).
* Ball may be played off the net during a volley and on serve.
* Ace - When the ball is served to the other team, and no one touches it.
* Sideout - When the team that served the ball makes a mistake, causing the ball to go to the other team.
* Roof - The big block that sends the volleyball straight down on the attacker's court.
* Stuff - When a player jumps about the height of the net, blocks the ball, and the ball goes back at the person who attacked (spiked) the ball.
* Dig - When a player makes a save from a very difficult spike.
* Kill - When a team spikes the ball and it either ends in a point or a sideout.
To keep the ball off the floor on your side of the court. To accomplish this, a team must control the ball well enough to form an attack so the ball will hit the floor on the other side of the court.