Share this article

print logo

Third man arrested in Littlejohn killing

Homicide detectives arrested and charged a third man Monday night in the fatal shooting of a Buffalo police officer's teenage half-brother last week.

Damien Warren, 22, of Sherman Street, has been charged with two counts of second-degree murder and criminal possession of a weapon.

Buffalo police say Warren was the final man being sought for the killing of Ke'one Littlejohn, 16, who was chased down Sherman Street and shot several times at about 3:45 p.m. Thursday. Police believe the three men were armed with at least two handguns.

Ke'one was the younger half-brother of Officer Cedric Littlejohn, a highly decorated officer in the Ferry-Fillmore District, where the murder occurred.

"This case shows that when people cooperate, cases can be solved," Detective Sgt. Daniel Rinaldo said. "People came forward with information, which led us to the suspects."

On Saturday morning, homicide detectives charged Nathaniel Williams, 20, of Strauss Street, and Marvin Q. Howard, 23, of East Utica Street, with second-degree murder and criminal possession of handguns.

Police say they were able to swiftly arrest the two men because community members came forward with crucial information that led detectives to an eyewitness.

Rinaldo said Warren is on parole for weapons-related offenses.

At about 10 p.m. Monday, Warren contacted his state parole officer. The parole officer immediately contacted homicide investigators, who had been searching for Warren since late last week.

Within minutes, Detectives William Donovan and Mark Lauber arrived at Warren's home and arrested him.

A motive for the murder still remains unclear.

Officer Littlejohn, 37, and his brother shared the same father.

Family members said their father died four years ago and Ke'one's mother is in prison on a 2002 attempted arson conviction. In January, Ke'one ran away from the Baker-Victory Services Residential Program, a group home in Lackawanna for adolescents with emotional and behavioral challenges.

In recent weeks, Ke'one was believed to have been staying at the drug house on Sherman Street, according to family members.

A funeral for Ke'one will be held at 11 a.m. Thursday in Refuge Temple of Christ West Side, 109 Chenango St., at Massachusetts Avenue.


There are no comments - be the first to comment