Share this article

print logo


The Red Cross was called to assist four adults and one child routed from their apartments following a mutual-aid fire that started Wednesday afternoon on the stove of a Cheektowaga four-family apartment building on Cayuga Road.

U-Crest volunteer firefighters responded to a 2:28 p.m. alarm at 348 Cayuga Road, and volunteers from Hy-View and the Forks Fast Team later joined them in putting out the fire.

U-Crest Fire Chief David Passalugo Jr. said hot oil being used to cook french fries ignited the fire in one of the lower apartments. No damage estimate has been made, but Passalugo described the fire damage as moderate, confined mostly to the kitchen of that apartment.

One resident was taken to a nearby hospital with a foot laceration suffered in the fire.

There are no comments - be the first to comment