Share this article

print logo

FAMILY MEMBERS FIND MAN DEAD IN HOME

Concerned family members broke into an 85-year-old man's home Monday evening and found him dead, the apparent victim of carbon monoxide poisoning, West Seneca police said.

Joseph Bavaro was found inside his home at 56 Valley Drive after family members had been unable to contact him. West Seneca police then responded to a call from the relatives at about 5:45 p.m. Monday.

The responding police officers found the man's body and detected a very odd odor inside the home, Capt. Larry Fallon said. The East Seneca Fire Department and National Fuel workers found a high concentration of carbon monoxide, a layer of soot covering much of the home and a furnace that appeared to be malfunctioning.

There are no comments - be the first to comment