Share this article

print logo

MOTHER, DAUGHTER BURNED WHEN STOVE SPARKS FIRE

A mother and her daughter were taken to area hospitals Friday afternoon after they were burned as the result of a faulty kitchen stove, Buffalo fire officials reported.

The incident occurred at 714 Prospect Ave. just before 4 p.m. when a pilot control valve on the kitchen stove malfunctioned and caused a fire in the stove that spread to surrounding cabinets.

The mother was taken to Erie County Medical Center for treatment. Her daughter went to Women and Children's Hospital. There was no word on the extent of their injuries.

Fire officials said damage was confined and listed at $1,000. The victims' identities were not immediately available.

There are no comments - be the first to comment