Share this article

Open for business
Find out the latest updates from local businesses as our region reopens.
print logo

RED CROSS AIDS ADULTS MADE HOMELESS BY FIRE

The Red Cross is assisting two adults after their house was gutted by a fire apparently caused by careless smoking, authorities said.

Fire officials said flames erupted at 567 Plymouth Ave. just before 1 p.m. Wednesday and quickly engulfed the 2 1/2 -story home.

Damage was estimated at $45,000 to the building and $15,000 to the contents. An emergency demolition has been ordered. No injuries were reported.

There are no comments - be the first to comment