Share this article

print logo

8 SUSPECTS ARRESTED IN SINAI BOMBINGS

Eight Egyptians have been arrested and accused of plotting the nearly simultaneous car bombings of a hotel and tourist camp in the Sinai that killed at least 34 people earlier this month.

In a statement today, the Interior Ministry also said the mastermind of the attacks, identified as Palestinian Ayad Said Saleh, died in the Oct. 7 explosion at the hotel along with a fellow plotter, Egyptian Suleiman Ahmed Saleh Flayfil. The statement said the two had been trying to leave the scene but their timed explosives went off prematurely.

The resorts were packed with Israeli tourists who had traveled there during a Jewish holiday.

There are no comments - be the first to comment