Share this article

print logo

CHIMNEY DEFECT SPARKS TOWN OF LOCKPORT FIRE

The Red Cross is assisting two adults and two small children after a blaze caused by a defective chimney Wednesday night at their Bowmiller Road home, the Niagara County Sheriff's Department reported.

Homeowner Sean P. O'Neill called 911 at about 11:52 p.m., reporting that heavy smoke was coming out of his attic at 5927 Bowmiller.

Firefighters arrived at the home to find flames coming from the roof. Authorities said the fire spread to the rafters and up through the roof.

Damage was estimated at $10,000 to the structure and $5,000 to the contents. No injuries were reported.

There are no comments - be the first to comment