Share this article

print logo

ALBANIA SINGER, MOTHER, DAUGHTER, 7, ASPHYXIATED

An Albanian pop singer who came to the United States in search of stardom in America was found dead of apparent carbon monoxide poisoning Tuesday along with her mother and 7-year-old daughter.

The vents on a boiler in the woman's basement had been stuffed with plastic bags apparently intended to keep concrete out during recent construction on the home, said Ilyse Fink, a spokeswoman for the Department of Buildings.

"It's a very tragic accident." Fink said.

The names of the child and two women, ages 60 and 36, were not immediately released. But friends of the 36-year-old woman identified her as Anita Bitri Prapaniku, a singer-songwriter who was well-known in her native country.

There are no comments - be the first to comment