At least once a year, the Niagara County Health Department inspects every establishment in the county that serves food.
Those considered high-risk -- because they serve children or the elderly, or serve foods that require a lot of processing or are prepared hours or days before serving -- are inspected at least twice a year.
Exemplary establishments receive no rating. Violations are classified as critical problems that could lead to food-borne illness, which must be remedied immediately; or problems involving sanitation, design, maintenance and cleanliness, which must be corrected by the inspector's next visit.
* Hartland Conservationists Club, 3606 Orangeport Road. No violations. Inspected May 17.
* Braccetto's Restaurant, 6612 Lincoln Ave. One critical: reach-in cooler not at safe cold temperature, foods moved to walk-in cooler. Two others: cutting boards need to be resurfaced or replaced; salad reach-in unit has water on bottom. Inspected May 10. As of reinspection May 21, all violations corrected.
* Clark's High Street Take-Out and Deli, 27 High St. No critical violations. Three others: countertop has cracks and broken pieces and needs to be replaced; floor tiles need to be replaced where missing; ceiling tiles need to be replaced where missing. Inspected May 3. As of reinspection May 21, all corrected.
* Immanuel Lutheran Church, 7147 Ridge Road. No violations. Inspected May 18.
* LaPort's Pine Restaurant, 48 Pine St. No critical violations. One other: food service worker's hair is improperly restrained. Inspected May 12.
* Kim's Kitchen, 5955 Ontario St. No violations. Inspected June 3.
* Soo's Oliver Street Cafe, 300 Oliver St. No critical violations. Three others: Cheese in refrigerator has mold on it; cold water faucet in vegetable sink is not working; toilet bowl cover missing in men's restroom. Inspected May 26.
* Marina Grill, 280 Michigan St. No violations. Inspected May 26.
* RDM Catering Co., 373-375 Oliver St. No critical violations. Two others: Food improperly stored on walk-in cooler floor (corrected at this time); front door open without a screen (corrected at this time). Inspected May 20.
* The Wurlitzer Pizza Company, 908 Ni agara Falls Blvd. No critical violations. One other: single service utensils need to be stored with handles facing in one direction so no bare hand contact occurs with food contact surfaces. Inspected May 25.
* Lauranda's Bake Shop, 18 Webster St. No violations. Inspected May 26.
* Mr. Softee, Truck No. 1, 165 Goundry St. No critical violations. One other: cold water faucet not working in restroom. Inspected May 25.
* Dockside Inn, 153 Sweeney St. No violations. Inspected May 21.
* Sunset Drive-In Theatre, 9950 Rochester Road. One critical violation: Walk-in cooler not at safe, cold temperatures. One other: Food testing thermometer not available to evaluate food temperatures. Inspected May 10.
* Trinity Lutheran Church, 6365 Wolcottsville Road. No violations. Inspected May 17.
* Pizza Place II, 105 Telegraph Road. No critical violations. One other: walk-in-cooler walls have some debris build-up. Inspected May 20.
* JT Wheatfields, 6935 Ward Road. One critical violation: Food prep worker not using gloves while preparing food (corrected at this time). Two others: Single-service items improperly stored on basement floor (corrected at this time); hot water faucet at outside patio bar does not work (repairman called). Inspected May 27.
* Cicero's Place, 2230 Cayuga Drive Ext. No violations. Inspected May 25.
* Shawnee Country Club, 6020 Townline Road. No critical violations. One other: thermometer missing from bar cooler and True Cooler. Inspected May 24.
* Small World Too, 3793 Commerce Court. No critical violations. Two others: food in original containers not labeled for contents; cloth towels are not to be used in kitchen, dishes need to air dry and paper towel use for hands. Inspected May 26.
* Sunset Grille, 3 O'Connell Island. No critical violations. One other: open bag of flour needs to be transferred and some some dirty dishes are left. Inspected May 26.
* The Coffee Emporium II, 57 Harbor St. No violations. Inspected May 19.
* Snack Shack, 57 Harbor St. No violations. Inspected May 19.