Share this article

print logo


More than two dozen members of a high school marching band were treated for food poisoning after they became ill during a national band competition.

The students, about a quarter of the Moore, Okla., high school band, were taken to hospitals in Indianapolis after experiencing severe nausea and fainting spells late Friday and Saturday. All were released Saturday.

Two adults traveling with the band were also treated for food poisoning and extreme dehydration.

The band had been competing in the 27th annual Grand National Championships but was knocked out of the competition before Saturday night's finals at the RCA Dome.

Although some members ate at the sporting facility, Indianapolis Fire Department Capt. William W. Brown said investigators don't believe concession food was the source of the illness.

Marion County Health Department officials were interviewing the band members to determine where the group had eaten.

There are no comments - be the first to comment