R&B singer Lil' Mo has canceled all public appearances and is resting at home following an attack that required her to get more than 20 stitches in her head.
The 23-year-old singer had finished performing at a concert given by radio station KMEL in San Francisco last Friday when she was struck on the head with a bottle, her publicist at Elektra Records told The Associated Press. The attacker had not been identified, and there had been no arrest.
Lil' Mo has collaborated on hits with Missy Elliott and Ja Rule, and has her own hit with "Superwoman Pt. 2." She was expected to make several appearances this week to promote her new album, "Based on a True Story," which was released Tuesday. But she had to cancel those engagements until she recovers, her publicist said.
"We hope the perpetrator is caught and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law," said Greg Thompson, Elektra's general manager. "For this to happen on the eve of the most exciting week of Mo's career makes us doubly sad."
Lil' Mo is a native of Long Island, but also has a home in Baltimore.