Share this article

print logo


NIAGARA FALLS -- A Buffalo man accused of breaking four windows on a travel trailer pleaded innocent to a felony criminal mischief charge Thursday in City Court.

Christopher P. Colby, 51, of Ross Avenue, also pleaded not guilty to aggravated unlicensed operation and insecure-load charges, and was granted an adjournment until June 29 to hire a lawyer.

He is accused of causing $500 damage to the windows on a 17-foot trailer Wednesday, Officer Charles Fink said.

Woman injured when her car
goes out of control, hits pole

NIAGARA FALLS -- A woman suffered head, neck and back injuries Thursday afternoon when her car went out of control and hit a utility pole at Highland and Maple avenues.

Yvonne G. Fisher, 47, of Hyde Park Boulevard, was treated in Niagara Falls Memorial Medical Center, Officer Thomas Rodriguez said.

Fisher told police her car struck a brick in the road while southbound on Highland Avenue.

Two drivers hurt in collision
at Main St. and Ashland Ave.

NIAGARA FALLS -- Two motorists were injured Thursday morning when their cars collided at Main Street and Ashland Avenue.

Mildred M. Brown, 52, of Niagara Falls, and James Giardino, 85, of 30th Street, were treated in Niagara Falls Memorial Medical Center. Brown suffered injuries to her chin, shoulder, arm, back and legs, and Giardino suffered a back injury, Officer James VanEgmond said.

Dismissal granted to man
before counterfeiting trial

LOCKPORT -- County Judge Sara Sheldon Sperrazza dismissed counterfeiting charges against a Cheektowaga man Thursday as his nonjury trial was to begin.

John A. Byrd, 22, of George Urban Boulevard, was to have been tried on charges of first-degree criminal possession of a forged instrument and criminal possession of a forgery device.

Defense attorney Barry S. Dolgoff successfully argued that Byrd was an overnight guest who was asleep when North Tonawanda police raided his brother's Oliver Street apartment Aug. 18.

Police seized about $5,000 worth of counterfeit currency and a laser printer used to make it. Four people were arrested in the raid, and a fifth suspect was charged with passing some of the bogus bills.

Assistant District Attorney Lisa M. Wegrzyn said the other four suspects have all pleaded guilty to felony counts.

Man given 5 years' probation
for fondling 5-year-old girl

LOCKPORT -- A Youngstown man was placed on five years' probation Thursday for fondling a 5-year-old girl in Lewiston on Jan. 20.

Paul M. Muoio Jr., 23, of Riverview Drive, had accepted a plea agreement to a reduced charge of attempted first-degree sexual abuse. He was charged with improperly touching the girl as she sat on his lap at Frontier Lanes.

County Judge Peter L. Broderick Sr. ordered Muoio to submit to electronic monitoring for the first six months of his probation; avoid contact with anyone younger than 16; enter a sex offender treatment program; and avoid pornographic material.

Toronto man denies charges
of marijuana possession

NIAGARA FALLS -- A Toronto man accused of transporting 5 pounds of suspected marijuana over the Rainbow Bridge pleaded not guilty in City Court on Thursday to a felony charge of marijuana possession.

Pasquale Lombardo, 32, who also pleaded not guilty to seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance, was granted an adjournment until June 29 to hire an attorney. Bail was set at $1,000.

Lombardo was arrested at 12:30 p.m. Wednesday after his car was pulled over by U.S. Customs inspectors.

Grand Island man indicted
in death of infant daughter

Tyrone Trinidad was indicted by an Erie County grand jury Thursday on murder and stolen car charges linked to the fatal beating of his 19-day-old daughter in his Grand Island home last month.

Trinidad, 35, was ordered to remain jailed without bail after he pleaded innocent before Erie County Judge Michael Pietruszka.

Erie County District Attorney Frank J. Clark and prosecutor Luke T. Jacobs said Trinidad is accused of fatally beating his infant daughter Christine to try to get her to stop crying while alone with her in his duplex on West Park Road.

When the woman who lived with Trinidad returned home at about 5 p.m. May 7, the two argued, Trinidad drove off in her car without permission, and the woman found the unresponsive infant in a crib in a bedroom and called 911, prosecutors said. Trinidad was captured by State Parks Police the next evening.

There are no comments - be the first to comment