Share this article

print logo

CHICAGO SUSPECT CONFESSES TO EIGHTH KILLING

A man charged with murdering six women and an 11-year-old girl in a string of Chicago-area sex attacks has confessed to an eighth killing, police said.

Paul Frederick Runge told investigators he killed a woman he met in 1997 and set fire to her body, Chicago police Sgt. Frank Cappitelli said Wednesday. The woman's remains have not been found.

The 31-year-old truck driver was charged last week with first-degree murder, sexual assault and armed robbery. He could face the death penalty if convicted.

Police said that in three of the slayings, Runge chopped up the victims' bodies. In four cases, he allegedly set homes on fire with the victims inside.

DNA taken from the scene of the March 1997 slayings of a woman and her 11-year-old daughter was linked to Runge in December.

There are no comments - be the first to comment