NIAGARA FALLS -- A burglar entered a 15th Street residence by breaking a window Tuesday and took items valued at more than $800, police said.
Among the items were a stereo system, telephone and liquor, police said. The resident was not home at the time, police added.
Man says he was robbed
of his bicycle at knifepoint
NIAGARA FALLS -- A man was robbed of his bicycle at knifepoint at 18th Street and Pine Avenue about 10:45 p.m. Tuesday.
The victim told police he was shoved off the bicycle, injuring his ribs, but did not require hospitalization. The bike was valued at $100, police said.
Centre Avenue man says
he was stabbed during fight
NIAGARA FALLS -- A Centre Avenue man suffered minor injuries Wednesday morning when he was stabbed while wrestling with another man, police said.
Police said Anthony Bogan told them he was stabbed twice in the arm during the tussle about 12:30 a.m. in the 1000 block of 19th Street. Bogan was treated in Niagara Falls Memorial Medical Center, then released, Officer Jack Miljour said.
Club owner reports theft
of $12,000 in equipment
NIAGARA FALLS -- More than $12,000 worth of sound equipment was stolen during a Tuesday night burglary of Club Venus on Main Street, police said.
Police said the nightclub's co-owner told them he discovered the theft about 10 p.m. Tuesday.
Among items missing are an electronic mixing board, compact disc player, equalizer, sub-woofers and amplifiers, said police, adding that there were no signs of forced entry.
Police charge mother, 29,
with child endangerment
A Town of Tonawanda woman faces child endangerment charges after police responded to calls about a noisy argument at 4 a.m. Wednesday at the woman's home.
Police said they received three calls about a noisy fight at a home on Riverdale Avenue. Rebecca Pfalzer, 29, returned at that hour with an unidentified man and her two children, ages 10 and 8, then got into a fight with the man -- a frequent occurrence, neighbors told police.
The man was gone when police arrived, but Pfalzer began cursing and fighting with them. Police said that the apartment was littered with beer bottles and that marijuana was "out in the open."
Pfalzer was charged with endangering the welfare of a child and obstructing governmental administration.
Carelessness sparks fire
in UB Hadley Village dorm
An unattended candle sparked a bathroom fire that caused $2,000 damage inside a dormitory at the University at Buffalo's North Campus on Tuesday night, Amherst fire officials reported Wednesday.
Volunteer firefighters from the Getzville Fire Company, responding to a 9:38 p.m. fire call at 34 Hadley Road, found the fire out on arrival.