This simple two-story clapboard house is one of the three known surviving buildings of the Pan-American Exposition. It stood at 1950 Delaware Avenue on the west side of the street almost opposite where Middlesex Road enters.
With its flat-topped, side-lighted doorway, its hand-made window sash, six-over-six lights and its squarish configuration, it suggests the Greek Revival style and a date possibly in the 1850s. The building, which stands on its original foundation, antedates the Pan-Am and apparently was incorporated into the exposition to fill a need.
Covered with bark, possibly to simulate an Iroquois longhouse, it was used during the exposition as the main building within the Indian stockade, located just inside the Pan-Am grounds. The stockade overlooked the U.S. government grass exhibit, a canal landing, and the Six Nations Indian exhibit. Within the stockade, Indians made Indian artifacts, such as tools, dolls, weapons and utensils, which were offered for sale to visitors.
Today, the privately owned house is used as a one-family residence.