Share this article

print logo

LOSS IS $200,000 IN MOTEL FIRE

A fire caused by a towel left on a heating unit did an estimated $200,000 damage to the Colonial Motel Monday.

Six rooms sustained fire damage, but the other 12 rooms sustained smoke and water damage, according to the Wyoming County Sheriff's Department.

Twelve fire companies battled the fire, reported shortly after 6 p.m. when owner Brian Walton spotted the flames. The motel, built in the 1950s, is on Route 19A. No injuries were reported.

There are no comments - be the first to comment