Share this article

print logo

STOVE BURNER STARTS $55,000 FIRE

A stove burner turned on by accident started a fire Saturday that caused $55,000 damage to a Laughlin Drive home, fire officials said.

The fire started at 11:23 a.m. when several items atop the stove ignited, spreading to the walls and eventually attic of the 1 1/2 -story frame house at 8283 Laughlin. Officials broke down the damage as $35,000 to the house and $20,000 to contents.

The house is owned and occupied by David and Amy Garrison.

There are no comments - be the first to comment