Share this article

print logo

HEAT GUN BLAMED IN HOUSE FIRE

The misuse of a heat gun was responsible for a kitchen fire at a Grand Island home Friday that cause about $3,000 damage.

The fire broke out in an area underneath the kitchen sink and spread into the kitchen walls at the John Cameron residence, 71 Carol Lane, Grand Island, shortly before 3 p.m. Friday.

One of the occupants of the home apparently had attempted to thaw frozen water pipes with the heat gun, Grand Island Fire Company officials said. Wanda Cameron and her two daughters, Clara, 27, and Ellen, 10, escaped unharmed.

One Grand Island firefighter was treated at the scene for exhaustion.

There are no comments - be the first to comment