Share this article

print logo

SHORT IN WIRING BLAMED <br> FOR APARTMENT BLAZE

A short in the first-floor wiring of a Spruce Avenue residence did about $500 damage Thursday and left one person suffering from smoke inhalation, fire officials said.

The fire started at 11:50 a.m. inside the wall of Keith Walter's apartment at 335 Spruce Ave., causing smoke to enter the second-floor apartment of 57-year-old Luceille Averhart through heat ducts.

Averhart was given oxygen at the scene by firefighters but did not require hospital treatment, fire officials said.

The name of the apartment owner was not available.

There are no comments - be the first to comment