Share this article

print logo

OVERHEATED PIPE CAUSED OLEAN FIRE

A fire that heavily damaged a Town of Olean car business was caused by an overheated vent pipe on an oil furnace, Cattaraugus County fire investigators said Tuesday.

The fire Monday night at J&R Auto, 1578 E. State Road, was reported by an employee at 8:21 p.m. Westons Mills firefighters were assisted by Portville, Allegany, Town of Olean, Knapp Creek, Hinsdale, City of Olean, Cuba, Clarksville and Eldred and Port Allegany, Pa.

A damage estimate was not available, officials said Tuesday.

There are no comments - be the first to comment