An attorney for Oscar De La Hoya says a rape complaint against the former welterweight boxing champion is false.
Robert Chapman said the allegations -- the second such charges this year against the Olympic gold medalist -- were made "to embarrass" De La Hoya.
Officer Charles Rodriguez, an LAPD spokesman, confirmed Tuesday that a rape complaint had been filed but said details would not immediately be made public.
Chapman said in a statement that the allegations stem from a "disturbance" at De La Hoya's house on Sunday.
"Mr. De La Hoya was forced to call the Los Angeles Police Department to report the disturbance and request assistance," the statement said. "Police officers arrived and escorted those individuals away. Apparently one of those individuals ... made a false report in order to embarrass Mr. De La Hoya."
In October, a woman, now 18, claimed the boxer raped her when she was 15. The rape allegedly occurred in 1996 at a hotel in Mexico. De La Hoya has denied the accusation.