Share this article

print logo

EXPLODING TOILET DOUSES
FIRE IN MOBILE HOME

Careless disposal of smoking materials may have sparked a fire in a Suburban Acres mobile home Sunday afternoon, and an exploding toilet apparently snuffed it out.

According to Niagara County Sheriff's Deputy Paul Moran, a fire broke out in a wastebasket alongside a toilet inside the mobile home shortly after 1 p.m. Sunday. Moran said that the heat became so intense that the toilet exploded, dousing the flames.

Damage, mostly from smoke and water, was confined to the bathroom area of the home, occupied by Allen Heinrich), Moran said. There were no injuries in the incident.

There are no comments - be the first to comment