Share this article

print logo


Donations have been coming in since Christmas Day for the Allegany County family burned out of its one-room house Christmas Eve.

"The phones have been ringing off the hook with offers of clothing, furniture and other goods," Allentown Fire Chief Shaun Taylor said.

Jessica Reiny, 17, who was asleep in a loft of the building when the fire broke out, remained in critical condition Monday in the burn treatment unit of Erie County Medical Center, Buffalo.

A hospital spokesman said she appears to be making daily progress toward recovery. She suffered burns on her head and torso.

The house on White Hill Road Number One was destroyed, and the Roger Reiny family lost almost everything. A chimney fire apparently burned through into the ceiling and spread, Taylor said.

Taylor, his sister, Molly Shirk of Allentown, and the Allegany County Red Cross Chapter have been receiving and directing donations.

There are no comments - be the first to comment