Share this article

print logo

FAMILY FLEES HARTLAND FIRE

Three residents and the family dog fled to safety after a Town of Hartland garage fire sparked by a lighted candle began to spread into the house Friday afternoon, Niagara County sheriff's deputies reported.

Gasport volunteer firefighters responding to a 1:14 p.m. alarm at the David E. Watts residence on Orangeport Road found the garage fully engulfed in flames, with the fire starting to spread into the house through a shared attic space.

Gasport and Wrights Corners volunteers managed to confine the fire damage to the garage; the single-story residence suffered smoke, heat and water damage.

No damage estimate was available Friday night.

There are no comments - be the first to comment